Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Homemade Fresh Salsa

I LOVE this stuff!!

Fresh Homemade Salsa

Ingredients:
2 large cans diced tomatoes (I really like to use fresh when they are in season)
1/2 large Vidalia onion
1 Jalapeno (I prefer mine seeded)
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/2 lime
2 Tbs ground cumin
salt to taste




Directions:
1. Chop tomatoes in food processor and transfer to a large bowl.
2. Chop onion, jalapeno, cilantro and add to tomatoes. *This is the tricky part because not all onions are of equal strength!! I usually add about 3/4 of the mixture and then taste it to see how much more I need.  Sometimes, I use it all and sometimes I don't.  This recipe leaves A LOT of room for personal taste! :) Remember too, that the flavors will be stronger after it is refrigerated for a few hours.
3.  Squeeze lime into mixture, add cumin, and add salt to taste!
4. Enjoy!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...