Saturday, March 12, 2011

Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana

Tim and I love to go to Olive Garden to get their unlimited Soup 'N Salad!! However, the closest one is 45 minutes from our house. :( I found a great copycat recipe online for Zuppa Toscana and tweaked it to perfection so we can have it whenever we please! Love this stuff!!

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground Italian sausage
1 ts crushed red pepper
1/2 large white onion, diced
4 Tbsp. bacon pieces (real bacon)
2 ts. minced garlic
10 cups water
5 cubes chicken bouillon
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4-5 large potatoes, sliced
olive oil
kale


Directions:
1. Sauté Italian sausage and crushed red pepper in a large pan. (I like to use my non-stick skillet for this, but if you don't want to dirty as many dishes, everything can be cooked in a large stock pot.) Drain and refrigerate.














2. In the same pan, sauté bacon, onions, and garlic for about 10 minutes or until the onions are tender. (There is usually not a lot of fat left from the sausage, so I like to add a little olive oil.)













3. Add water and bouillon cubes. Heat until boiling.

4. Add potatoes and cook until soft, about half an hour.













5. Add heavy cream and heat thoroughly.

6. Stir in sausage.

7. Add kale just before serving. ( Amounts of this are totally up to preference. I like just enough for color!)

ENJOY!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this soup. I haven't made it for awhile. Yours looks sooooo good. Your pics should be in ANY cookbook. . .hey, there's an idea for ya. . .I'll be waiting for that book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! The last picture I found by googling Olive Garden soup!! Didn't have a picture of my finished product...will remember to take one next time I make this! :0

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...