Wednesday, May 4, 2011

REAL PARTY! - Curious George Goes to the Circus {Titus's 3rd Birthday!}

This {REAL} party was a lot of fun to plan! I had so many ideas and just not enough time to implement them all! I definitely will be better prepared for the girls' first birthday party after this! And I learned a TON of lessons through this whole experience - but that can wait until another post!  All in all, it was a great party, and I was thrilled with the way it turned out! :)  Titus LOVED it!! - which is all that matters!


The tablescape- thanks to Sarah for showing me how to use my Cricut to make the banner! :)

Titus sneaking some candy from the buffet. :0

The cake
Cake Close-up

I used the framed pic of Titus with his Curious George books as part of the decor.
Popcorn machine borrowed from a friend. We also had a cotton candy machine.
The popcorn was SO YUMMY!!! Found these bags on Etsy! Too Cute!
We served hot dogs with chili. Found these hot dog trays at Hobby Lobby! They added the perfect touch!
I have been saving these bottles from our Frappaccino addiction and they came in handy! I found the paper straws on Etsy as well...love this trend!
Chocolate Covered Banana Pops! Super Easy to Make!!
Bags of Cotton Candy Goodness!
I set up a photo booth and had mustaches, clown noses, funky ties, and a clown wig!

The boy twins! :)
Our Pastor and his wife are such good sports! So glad they could come! Titus LOVES them!
Josh, Sarah, and Kelsey
Kelsey and Titus
Darren and Becky
She's STYLIN'!
Birthday Boy!
Part of the candy buffet
Found the cute sweet shoppe bags on Etsy as well! FUN!
He watched me make his cake and was so happy to finally get to blow the candles out!
Make a wish! :)
Finally getting to eat his cake!!
Presents!
Yes, Kaelyn and Kourtney were there! Any guesses as to which this one is?? :)
"Guess Who" with her "big sis" Erica. :)
 I have some more actions shots that I may post as I can get them edited.  :) For now, though, I have to get busy with planning the girls' first birthday party! FUN!  :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that's a PARTY! You did an amazing job! So wish we could have been there! I'll guess it's time for a pity party for me, since I always miss out on all the fun! j/k
    Love you all so much, I know Titus had a blast! Hope to see you for the girl's party!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is Kourtney in the blue and Kaelyn in the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the pictures!! You did such a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great party you did a great job!!! I was just wondering if you could tell me how you did the frosting on your cake thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I'm in love with you cake. How you made the frosting? How long did you leave outside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The frosting is Wilton's buttercream recipe. I made it a day or so ahead of time, but frosted the cake the day of the party. I marked the lines for design on the "crumb coat" of the frosting. It was only outside during the party...maybe an hour or so before my son ate it. Hope that helps! :$

      Delete
  6. Thank you! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops!! Meant to post on here (not sure how that happened!).

    Where did you get the cute balloon cake topper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered it online. It actually had several other colors, so I ordered two and switched some out. Here is one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058EAOH2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p201_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0GHVR0XD745JTMX761Y6&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

      Delete
  8. I am in love with the curly candles! Do you remember where you got them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...