Friday, June 17, 2011

30 is the new 20!!

Yesterday was my 30th birthday, and my husband made sure it was a special one!! He proved that one doesn't have to spend a lot of money to make a person feel loved and appreciated! We are on a STRICT budget {even stricter than usual - HA!} in order to save and pay for some things, so neither of us has been spending any money lately.
But anyway, I had a wonderful birthday starting with.....BREAKFAST IN BED! Oh yeah! And he did it up right too - especially with the huge helping of tater tots and ketchup - my FAVORITE! :)


Tim helped Titus make me a card...♥

He then got the kiddos ready {while I took my leisurely time} so that we could do some shopping - with gift cards, of course!! :) I had been saving some gift cards that were given to me at various times for a fun occasion to go shopping on someone else's dime - the best kind of shopping!  When I got in the car {after he had already loaded everyone up}, he had picked some of our newly bloomed hydrangeas - GORGEOUS.  And I love that our bush has TWO different colors in the blooms!


We did our shopping in record time and got home in time to let the kids take a nap while we relaxed and did some catching up on one of our favorite tv shows.  Then we dropped the kiddos off at the sitter's house and went to Chili's for supper - with a giftcard! :)  Our pastor and his wife and one of my dear friends were waiting there as a surprise to me - FUN!  After, we went to the mall and walked around like two lovebirds without a care in the world {and splurged on a small, unneeded but fun gift for me!}.  Of course, the night would not have been complete without a stop at Starbucks!! {to use my giftcard!} YUM!!

Forgive me for not rotating this, but I'm feeling extremely lazy! :)
So, I'm officially another decade older and feeling great!! Life is good... I know who I am and what {and more importantly WHO} makes me happy! My health is great, I have the best husband in the universe, and my kiddos are the cutest and most adorable little stinkers you'll ever meet - God has been SO GOOD to me!!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! It sounds like you had a wonderful day!! I'll catch up to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just does not seem possible that my baby girl is now 30! God is good and has truly blessed you with a wonderful husband and 3 precious kiddos. We sure did enjoy our week together at Oak Island!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...