Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mothering Twins - {Part 4} - Scheduling 6 to 12 Months

Ok, once again I am just pasting an email I sent to a friend requesting our schedule.  Hope it helps! :)

Here is my 6-12 month schedule. Of course, it is for managing twins and a toddler and even includes some of my daily "to do", but the core of it is basically the same. Basically at 6 months, a shift begins to start solids (though I started cereal at 4 months) and move into a 3 meal-a-day schedule with one additional night feeding before bedtime. At this age, I offer any formula or juice in a soft spout sippy cup. I like the NUK nipples. While I nursed Titus for a little over a year, I stopped nursing the girls at 6 months. That was goal and I accomplished it! 6 months x 2 = 1 year of nursing! :) So here it is - the copy and paste version!:

Daily Schedule
(Titus – 2 years; Kaelyn & Kourtney – 6-12 months)
6:30 – Wake/Devotions/Dressed for the day
7:30 – Kids Wake/Breakfast
• Girls - 6 oz. cup/fruit with cereal
8:00 – Kids Dressed for day
8:15 – Quiet play in crib or Pack n Play
• Morning Routine (Titus helps mommy)
8:45 – Group Play in family room
• Daily To Do List
9:15 – Story time/Song time/Interactive Play/Outside Play
10:00 – Girls’ Morning Nap
• Weekly Tasks
11:00 – School work with Titus
11:30 – Girls Wake and Lunch
• 6 oz. cup/veggies with cereal
12:00 – Titus and Mommy Lunch
12:30 – Titus Nap/Girls – playtime with mommy (15 min. each)
1:00 - Girls – separate play (playpen, floor, activity centers)
1:30 – Girls’ Afternoon Nap
3:30 – Wake/Snack
• Girls – finger food & 3-4 oz diluted juice (only as needed)
5:00 – Girls Dinner
• 6 oz. cup/veggies, fruit, cereal
5:30 – Family Dinner (girls in highchairs at table with optional finger foods)
7:30 – Bedtime Routine
8:30 – Titus to Bed
Girls – 6 oz cup then TO BED! :)

It took a little bit for them to go so long between naps, and they probably actually went down a little earlier and slept a little longer when they were only 6-7 months. My philosophy has always been "whatever works best for me and my family!" Anyhow, hope it helps. 



Pretty Girls!! 6 months


5 comments:

  1. Hi Karla, I am your newest follower from Mom Blogger's Club. I have two boys, 6 & 3. (always wanted twins). I hope you will stop by http://milestonesoffaith.blogspot.com/
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful girls! I'm your newest follower. :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla, thanks for sharing this! I have been wondering what your schedule was like and was surprised to see that my daily schedule is very similar (minus 1 child)! I would love to see your chore schedule too-since you seem soooo much more organized than me regarding cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi,
    I'll work on getting that posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your girls are gorgeous!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...