Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bow Tie Baby Shower

This past fall (yeah, I know I'm a little late with this post!), the ladies of our Sunday School class and I hosted a baby shower for one of the ladies in our class.  We decided on a "Sip and See" style shower so that everyone could meet the baby and went with a bow tie theme for the cute baby boy.  This was a perfect opportunity to do a "Sip and See" after the baby was born as the mommy had already had a few showers beforehand with family and friends.

Church baby showers can be a little hard to plan as you never really know how many guests to expect.  At our church, though, we generally have anywhere from 50-75 people attend.  Our showers are open to all ladies of the church and are usually a "floating" style shower where guests can come and go as they please within a 1-2 hour time period.

I realize the party style these days is what I would consider "over the top", and while I L♥VE party planning as much as anyone, it really is not practical for church baby showers of this size. But I really do still like to make each shower unique and special and not just use a package of standard baby shower decorations purchased at the local party center.
I especially like the color scheme - it was perfect for a fall, baby boy shower. :)

Bow Tie Napkins

We just served basic veggies, cheese and crackers, chips and dip, and a cookie platter and then refilled as needed.  But there are lots of cute themed food ideas you could use for a smaller gathering of guests - bow tie pasta, custom bow tie cookies, tuxedo bow tie chocolate dipped strawberries, etc...

The shower time was perfect for an afternoon "tea", so we served Spiced Tea (I get asked for this recipe ALL the time, so I'll be posting it soon!), a variety of individual tea bags, and coffee with biscotti and flavored creamers.

The bow tie banner turned out adorable!   The letters were cut out on a Cricut machine and the bow ties are made from fabric.  I didn't even finish the raw edges!  We pulled this shower off with about 2 hours of prep time.! :)


For more ideas on doing a Bow Tie themed shower, you can check out the following links:

Emmy's Events: The Little Gentleman Baby Shower
A Darling Day: Bow Tie Baby Shower

3 comments:

  1. this could be perfect for my nephew -we are doing a sip and see for him too because of the timing of his delivery - we couldn't do a shower in December, it was just too much to add to Christmas activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I LOVE the bow tie napkins- such a good idea!!! I'm so doing that at my next Little Gentleman shower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! Will probably steal this idea for sure! Or better yet, just steal you away for all my party planning!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...