Friday, March 2, 2012

Be Healthy 2012

One of my long term goals for 2012 is to start eating healthy again!! Tim and I were doing so well before kids, but the past few years have come and gone in a whirlwind, and life has become about "doing it the easiest way!" Well, NO MORE! :) I need my youthful energy now more than ever! So, for several weeks now, I've been slowly making changes to our diet.  The biggest change for us so far has been eliminating processed sugar - which was hard for my coffee drinking habit.  I now use agave nectar, and still love my coffee! ♥

But I'll save the details of our journey for later posts...for now, I've got a free printable for you! The saying "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" is ALL over the internet, but I don't really like the overall impression of that statement that being skinny means you will feel good.  My motto has always been - be healthy...healthy DOES feel good!!  It's all about fueling our bodies with energy foods and knowing what we need to function at our best! I, personally, notice the scale climbing when I consume more sugar than I should - cokes, chocolate, etc.. I especially noticed this during my pregnancies when I craved ice-cold Coca-Cola (no Pepsi for this southern/Georgia girl!!!) and couldn't have it!! 

Anyhow, I wanted a cute reminder I could post on my fridge and thought I'd share with you!! Tried and true healthy recipes "for normal people" coming soon!!

Designed to print as 5x7


6 comments:

  1. I love it! Thank you! Just eliminating Pepsi alone has helped me lose 24 lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I believe it!! I gained more weight during my pregnancies when I drank soda - diet or not!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! I completely agree with your saying. The funny thing is that I craved ice-cold coke with both my girls too (although I preferred it without the ice).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely without ice!! And sometimes I'd even put my glass in the freezer for a bit to get it as cold as possible!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just printed a couple of these to keep reminding myself! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOoooooo you read my mind. I am totally a sweets kind of girl. For along time I've known I needed to cut back on the sugar (I am honestly addicted I think- that's terrible!) but thought giving it up while my family continued to eat it (way too much) would be impossible. But the other day Seth actually brought it up to me that we should get off sugar... he said he feels yucky living from one sugar high to next too. I had been dragging my feet thinking he'd object to losing the sugar. Anyway... I'm glad for your encouragement... we're both thin but that doesn't mean we don't need to take care of ourselves better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...