Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Caramel "ICY COFFEE" ♥


I am LOVING this warm weather!!! It is supposed to be in the 80's for the remainder of the week!! We've played and eaten lunch outside every day this week.  



And all this warm weather puts me in the mood for ICED COFFEE!! I usually just brew my Keurig coffee over ice, add my favorite flavorings and sweeteners and call it "yummy", but my brother/sister-in-law got us a handy personal blender for Christmas and it is AWESOME!

  So today I blended my ingredients for a refreshing treat. I used about 1.5 cups of crushed ice, a little over a cup of strong coffee {chilled in the freezer and slightly "icy"}, about 1/2 cup of milk, a squirt of agave nectar, and 2 squirts of caramel syrup. {only because I'm out of chocolate!} And it is SO DELICIOUS!!



I drizzled a little caramel on top to make it pretty and was wishing I had whipped cream!! There's a reason I don't keep it in the house!

And I'm not positive, but actually quite certain it is much more "diet" friendly than the local coffee shop versions. :)  I may try to get my coffee a little stronger next time - a friend did some sort of cold straining method with a whole bag of coffee overnight. I'm just not sure how good coffee can taste if it sits in the fridge for a couple days, but I may eventually try it. I'm not so sure about experimenting on a whole bag of Starbucks coffee, though! And can you tell I don't do so well with "official" recipes?? A little of this and a little of that... :)  I'm sure I'll make enough of these in the future to come up with some exact measurements for you, but it's a taste preference kind of thing, anyway, so experiment and see what you come up with! And please let me know if you have a favorite ingredient or method you use - I'd love to try it! 

**UPDATE**
So, to feed my addiction, I just made another blended iced coffee and tried a different method.  I filled the cup with crushed ice, added my strong coffee {Pike Place K-cup brewed on the 6 oz setting}, added {my favorite} Italian Sweet Creme creamer and a tiny bit of agave nectar, and then blended it.  LOVE IT!!! It has a stronger coffee taste and isn't quite as thick, which is the way I like it. Basically, I just made my coffee the way I like it and blended it with ice. And, surprisingly, using the hot coffee didn't even water it down.  How easy is that?? This could be dangerous to my health...

Can you tell the color difference? This one has a stronger coffee flavor. YUM!!!


4 comments:

  1. I can see you're getting the feel for your camera! I think I'm going to make one of these with a Starbucks k-cup I have...they're too strong on their own! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla, I was thinking the same thing yesterday - time for that iced coffee!! I hadn't thought about using the little blender (got one, too - love it!) Gonna use your "recipe" on here. Unfortunately/fortunately I DO have whipped cream in the fridge. Thanks for posting this - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank, all!! Warning: They are addicting!! Sarah, I think I've come a long way with my pictures these past few months - but I've got twice as far to go {at least!} But you are an inspiration -love your food photography! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...