Tuesday, March 27, 2012

NEW {♥} Laundry Detergent Recipe!!

I have been making my own laundry detergent since my last post with my recipe - which was almost a year ago now.  However, the last time a made a batch I followed a new recipe posted at How Does She? - and it is FABULOUSNESS!!  It has a few more added ingredients {Oxi Clean, Baking Soda, and Purex Fabric Softener Crystals} that combine for a fresh smelling detergent with more cleaning power.

Of course, I realize some make their own detergent to avoid the harsh chemicals found in these additional products, but for my family, I've found this combination works great.  The recipe makes a huge batch, so I don't have to make it as often, and I love having the extra supply on hand. The only thing I did differently was use Fels Naptha instead of the Zote soap. Oh, and I like the smell of the blue Purex over the purple and only used one bottle - the smaller size as pictured below. It still has the smell, but I saved some money!! :)  So, I guess that's two things...or three...??




So head on over and check it out!!

Cheaper AND Better! DIY Laundry Detergent

And if you want to try it before you invest the time and money, just let me know! 
I'm happy to give you some! ;)

5 comments:

  1. hey! Sounds like a winner to me! Can you bring me a load's worth to try? You are such an inspiration to me, friend! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! I'll bring it tomorrow night. :) Do you think the extra chemicals will affect your skin?? Not that I'd want you to break out, but I'm interested to know how "harsh" it is for those with more sensitive skin than I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested to see. I've been using some Gain with scents in it (and it didn't affect my skin) that Marie helped me get virtually for free but I just used the last of that and need to do something before I run out of my ALL Free and Clear - I'll do it in the laundry Thursday and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, hope it works for you!! And you can now subscribe to follow up comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...