Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Birthday, Titus! {A Dino Dig Party}

This year Titus wanted a dinosaur party, so we planned a super fun Dino-Dig!  We kept it small {and affordable!} and only invited a few friends.  Since several of Titus's friends are at home during the day with their mommies, it worked out great to have a weekday afternoon "play date" party. And Titus was so excited that his Grandma and Papa got to be there as well.

I kept the food super simple! For favors and activities we did a dino dig with homemade dirt dino eggs and hatched super sized dino eggs. But really, I just let the kids play!! Titus had a ton of fun, and I didn't break the bank = success! :) 

Food Table

"Dino Bites" aka PB&J Dino Sandwiches


"Dino Teeth" aka Bugles
I also used my Cricut to cut out vinyl letters and dino shapes to label the food buckets.

"Dino Eggs" aka Cuties Mandarin oranges

"Dino Chews" aka dinosaur fruit snacks {Kroger}

Dino Tracks Sugar Cookies

The CAKE!!! made with Wilton's Chocolate Buttercream that was SUPER DUPER YUMMY!!!!!!  I'm all about keeping it simple when it comes to making the cake! With my limited experience, it's better if I don't try anything too elaborate...




One of my awesome friends and her husband gave Titus this picnic table for his birthday. Her husband made it, and it was PERFECT for the kids' table!

He couldn't wait to eat his cake!
 I made Dino Eggs for the Dino Dig using this recipe.  I did use dirt instead of the coffee grounds it calls for.  It was sooo much easier to bake these in the oven to dry them out! And, really...only cool moms bake dinosaur eggs! :)
Dino Dig!! 

Each child got a container of dirt with three eggs buried.  They had soooo much fun digging for the eggs and then breaking them open.  We then got some water and let them wash their dinos...messy, but fun!!





The paper-mache dino eggs were also a hit.  I paper-mached balloons with newspaper and then coordinating tissue paper.  We then cut a slit and put the dinosaurs inside for the kids to "hatch." Then used a little packing tape {because we didn't have time to do another thin layer of tissue over it} to re-close the slit except for a small section to help them be able to tear into it.  






I added food coloring to the cake mix so it would match the party. :) 

The banner was made on a Cricut...love these little dinosaurs!

Mommy and Titus ♥

He played for hours even after the other kids left!

T-rex!!
 To see the whole party you can visit my Flickr photostream.

Also, if you like what you see, PLEASE click the link to Top Mommy Blogs on my sidebar to put in your vote for my blog!! THANKS!! :)




Linking up at:

Skip To My Lou
wednesday's wowzers
The Organised Housewife

8 comments:

  1. I love it!! You did a great job Karla! Looks like Titus had a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The banner turned out great! Thanks for your help! :)

      Delete
  2. We had sooo much fun with Titus and his friends. I am really missing ya'll this morning, the weekend went by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party! Everything looked fantastic and I'm sure your little boy and his friends had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a great party and given me a great idea for my own thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every detail was so well planned. I LOVE the dino teeth! And those tracks cookies are darling! I'm sure he loved it all! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun party! I especially like the dino tracks sugar cookies.
    Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...