Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Monogrammed Deco-Mesh Wreath - DIY

I am in love with these wreaths!! I am seeing them everywhere and wanted one for my front door.  A friend of mine was in town a week ago and showed me how to make them.  It was super fun, and I love the way it turned out!!

Because they are so popular these days, it can be quite hard to find supplies! The only deco-mesh I could find was red, black, and white.  Soooo, my wreath is black and white with green accents...which I love!! But if you can find the right colors, these wreaths are awesome for seasonal decor.  Hobby Lobby has their mesh 50% off this week, so I'm hoping they still have some when I get out that way.



SUPPLIES:

Wreath form - a simple wire one is best, but I couldn't find one!!
Deco-mesh
Floral wire
Accent ribbons, signs, embellishments, etc...



Start at the end and wrap with floral wire, leaving enough wire hanging to wrap around the wreath.

Continue gathering mesh and wrapping wire into sections. Each of my sections is about 10-12 inches.  This step varies depending on how you want the final product to look. To do three layers of mesh around, I used the whole roll of black (from Michaels).



Once you have a good start on your sections, you can start wiring it to the wreath. Again, the final desired look will determine how closely you wire each section. :)




I used the white mesh and polka dot wired ribbon to make accents pieces - mostly because I was working with the colors available to me.  But I really do like the way it turned out!  I wired each accent section to the wreath and then hot glued the flowers to the ribbon. 


Monogrammed Letter Supplies:

Wooden Letter
Mod Podge
Paint
Foam Brush
Scrapbook paper and stickers - I really wanted to find a printed paper that I liked, but ended up getting solid green and adding stickers.
Clear Acrylic Sealer - I used this since my wreath is hanging outside. :)
E6000 and felt


 I painted the back and sides of the letter just so it would have a more finished look on my wreath. I used felt and E6000 to attach the wire to the back of the letter.

I traced the 'C' onto cardstock and cut it out the old-fashioned way with scissors. Then I arranged my stickers how I wanted, "Mod Podged" it on the wood, and sprayed 2 coats of sealer.  Alternatively, you could just paint the entire letter in your choice of color.  Which is what I planned to do originally, but they were out of stock in the color I wanted.


It will look even better when I get my new front door!!! :)


wednesday's wowzers




3 comments:

  1. Your wreath looks so great on your door! I love the monogram! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison! Planning to make one for every holiday...lol! :)
    ♥ I just love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Karla! This is the best tutorial I've seen, and I have checked out quite a few. Your wreath turned out so cute, you have great vision using the black and white.
    Thanks so much, now I know enough to have my husband help me (not such a good idea unless I have a clear concept of the process)
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving....
    Donna C

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...