Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Avocado Alfredo

Sooooo, I realize this photo probably does not look very yummy to some...but to us, on our plant-based diet, it looks creamy and delicious!! I used this recipe as a guide, with a few changes as outlined below.

I blended the following in my personal blender:
1 avocado
1 ts minced garlic
1/2 ts dried basil
1/2 ts dried oregano
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning to taste
almond milk 
{I kept adding until the consistency was what I wanted, 
so I've no idea how much I ended up using!}

I served the sauce over whole grain penne pasta only because that's what I had on hand.
And we also added some homemade salsa just for some extra zip and zing.
{told you we put it on everything!!} 
I do wish that I'd had some olives to add. But there's always next time, since I'll for sure be making this again!



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!! It really was delicious!! And if your diet allows, Parmesan cheese is a great addition to the ingredients!

      Delete
  2. I love your blog. I am a new mommy of almost 7 month old twins. I have been trying to find other mommies of twins out here, Thanks for having such a lovely blog. I am not following you :) Stop by if you want to and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am now following you back. Looking forward to reading your "twin" stories! :)

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Can't wait to try! Time for me to get busy in the kitchen.

    Just followed you on Google Friend Connect. Hope I get a follow back. Thank you! :)

    www.themommist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading and pinning, I made this for lunch. We LOVED it! I used mostly water, a splash of milk and a little olive oil. I also happened to have a little homemade salsa left and man, it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I'm glad y'all liked it!!! It definitely tastes better than it looks! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...