Saturday, May 19, 2012

{REAL} Dress-Up Birthday Party ~ Twin's 2nd Birthday {The Details}

The girls' dress-up party for their 2nd birthday was a lot of fun! They are at the perfect age for trying on hats, and shoes, and jewelry.  Kourtney is definitely the jewelry lover, and Kaelyn was styling with the hats...sometimes with two at a time! :) 
I took so many pictures that I am going to do two posts about their party - so, first up is the party details:

I love that the decor served double duty.

Fairy and Butterfly Outfits
I ordered a lot of stuff from Halo Heaven - very pleased with the quality, prices, and ship time!

I set up mirrors and boxes of different dress-up styles along our hearth.  Definitely wanted to keep the party inside so we didn't end up with skinned knees and torn tutus. :)
I'm all about simple cakes when I'm the one making them!! But I love the way these turned out - I made both of the girls their own.
I used a box strawberry mix and used pureed strawberries instead of oil. The icing is just Wilton's butter cream recipe. It turned out so moist and delicious!! Definitely not healthy!!!

To make the cake banner, I wrapped my skinny dowel rods in ribbon, cut out the butterflies with my Cricut, and hung them on crochet thread.

Pinwheels & Cream Puffs - Super Yummy!
The princess was cut out with my Cricut as well.

Bagel Bites and PB&J Sandwiches
Princess Wand Fruit Kabobs
I cut out the stars with my Cricut and then hot glued them to the skewers.

These meatballs are so yummy and easy! Combine a package of frozen meatballs, 1 jar of chili sauce, and 1 cup of grape jam in a crock pot and heat until they are nice and hot, allowing the flavors to "marry."

Party Table
For party favors, I bought the wands and added curling ribbon.
Invitation

Party Banner made on my Cricut


To see Part Two: The Action go here.
Full picture set on Flickr!

 Disclaimer: The food was not part of our new healthy diet!! But I didn't want to have to make any of the food, so I went the easy route.  And I was definitely not going to deprive the girls of a yummy, sugar-loaded birthday cake! ...but we are back on track now... :)


Skip To My Lou





4 comments:

  1. I know all the girls (young and old) had a blast! I really hate that I had to miss this one! The cakes and all the food looks soooo yummy, too. (Glad you got to splurge a little)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Our little girls are going to love this! What a fun idea! Thanks for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday. Hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday party! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Your parties make the ones I throw look lame, but you're giving me some fantastic ideas for next year.

    I'd love it if you'd share at Off the Hook!
    http://daisycottagedesigns.blogspot.com/2012/05/off-hook-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...