Monday, June 4, 2012

Marinated Salmon with Mango-Kiwi Relish

This recipe is to die for!!!  I didn't change a thing... except for using Worcestershire sauce because I thought I had soy sauce and didn't! :) Also, I measured everything except the fruit...ended up using 2 mangoes and three kiwis because I knew we'd want extra relish.  

The fish alone was SOOO TASTY...the honey in the marinade caramelizes when the fish is pan-fried, giving it a sweet crust of sorts.  And the black pepper adds just enough zing to make you say "WOW!" after your first bite!  Kaelyn was shoving it in as fast as she could! :)



The kids and I won't be in town with Tim for Father's Day weekend, so I made his Father's Day dinner for him yesterday. In addition to the salmon, we had Fancy Green Beans, Sweet Potato Crisps, and a Hearty Salad.  

I always cook my green beans {healthier} southern style - covered in water with a little olive oil, beef bouillon, salt and pepper.  I boil them until the water is almost completely gone. Super tender and full of flavor - not bacon grease!

To make the sweet potato crisps, I sliced them in circles, tossed them in olive oil and Trader Joe's Everyday Seasoning, and baked them at 400° for too long! :) Really I did -  a few of them burned. I didn't expect them to cook as fast as they did. They only took about 15 - 20 minutes...I think...I lost track of time while I was prepping everything else. :)

Oh, and surprisingly enough, Aldi has WILD-CAUGHT Salmon...which is harder to find than you think!

It was a super scrumptious Sunday dinner - with no leftovers!! 


3 comments:

  1. That seriously sounds and looks amazing!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I stop by your site, you make me feel guilty with your delicious looking, healthy food :) I need to cook more healthfully!

    Stopping by to let you know your play kitchen has been featured at Off the Hook. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been posting WAY too much about food!! But it's been keeping my busy, trying to come up with healthier options...it's been fun, though! I had gotten into such a rut...

      Thanks for the feature!! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...