Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mexican Lasagna

I made Mexican Lasagna last night for supper - vegetarian style! It was super yummy and delicious!



Mexican Lasagna
1 pkg Archer Farms Oven Ready Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles
{I LOVE these - they are super thin and were great for this recipe. Traditional whole wheat lasagna may have been too thick for our tastes. Archer Farms brand is found at Target.}
2 cans Pinto Beans, pureed
2 Avocados, pureed
1 can Olives, sliced
Salsa {I used my homemade recipe}
Black Bean and Corn Salsa {recipe here}
Whole Grain Tortilla chips
Nutritional Yeast/Cashew Powder
{made by blending nutritional yeast and cashews - we use this as our cheese substitute}
Lettuce, optional

Spread a little salsa in the bottom of the pan. I used one of my deeper, square baking dishes.
Layer ingredients in the following order:
Lasagna Noodles
Pinto Beans
Avocado
Black Bean and Corn Salsa
Olives
Tortilla Chips 
{I actually crushed a few handfuls for each layer}
Salsa
{The size of my pan allowed for three layers.}
Top with Nutritional Yeast Powder
Bake at 350° for about 40-45 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Garnish with lettuce and olives {and sour cream if your diet allows!}

Next time I make this, I may try a few different things:
•including lime-cilantro rice in the layers
•adding cheese to each layer and on top
{We've not completely given up cheese, but I do use it sparingly and we'd already had some this week...}
•using corn/whole wheat tortillas {that I also found at Target} instead of lasagna noodles

We are definitely a Tex-Mex lovin' family!! SALSA!! ♥

2 comments:

  1. This looks good! Riley LOVES salsa, too! I just wish it weren't quite so messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, this looks delicious! We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...