Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cucumber Lemon-Lime Refresher - DELICIOUS!!

I am loving this refreshing drink these days!!! And it's so easy to make - I usually drink more than one a day! :)  And with our new, healthier way of eating, I always have these ingredients on hand.  Though, I'll need to start buying more cucumbers in order to feed my new addiction.
It's the perfect way to "fancy up" your daily water intake!!


Cucumber Lemon-Lime Refresher
• 1/2 cucumber or about 3/4 cup
{I have made it with the cucumber peeled and unpeeled and like it both ways!}
• juice of 1/2 lemon
• juice of 1/2 small lime
• Agave sweetener
• water {2-3 cups}
• fresh mint
{I am fortunate to have this growing in my back yard!}
Serves: 2-3 unless you are stingy like me!


Combine cucumber, lemon and lime juice, and water and blend well.
{Sometimes, if I'm in the mood, I'll blend a mint leaf or two in the mixture as well.}
I like to use my personal blender, but you could just as easily use a regular blender.
Add agave sweetener to taste.
{this greatly depends on how tart the citrus is!!
As does the water amount - I sometime add a little more water to make 
my drink last longer - especially if the fruit is extra ripe and flavorful!}


Pour over ice and garnish with mint.
I really like the hint of mint flavor in mine, so I added a few extra sprigs to stir in and let it set for a few minutes to allow the flavor to infuse. 
Perfection!!!


And my favorite way to drink it, of course, is in my Starbucks tumbler!


The picture below shows a slight variation in that I kept the peel on the cucumber, only used the juice of 1 lime, and blended mint into the mixture. Hence, the more green color...I like it both ways! :)


5 comments:

  1. Yummy, it does look soooo refreshing and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Starbucks Lime Refresher and knew I needed to make something at home to deter me from spending more money than I should!! :) Need to try the berry flavor though... :)

      Delete
  2. This looks so good! I have all the ingredients, so I'm thinking I'll whip one up tomorrow. Your photos are great, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I came across the pic you posted of your foodography setup and I'm definitely going to have to try that!! And I'll be messaging you soon about lenses... :)

      Delete
  3. looks delicious!

    Have a lovely day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...