Friday, September 28, 2012

DIY Kid's Anti-Frizz Hair Detangler

I have seen this idea all over the internet and have been waiting for my bottle of store-bought detangler to run out. :)  My girls have fine, frizzy, curly hair so taming their bed-head can be quite a chore!!  
Detangler is a must!! And actually I have been trying to figure out what to use in their hair to get rid of the frizz as kid's products really just don't get the job done. :(  
I can only imagine the $$$ we'll spend in hair products if their hair stays curly when they are older.


To make my version of this spray, I used what I had on hand so it was basically free!

 I used 4 ingredients/items:
Anti-frizz Cream
Conditioner
Water
Re-used Spray Bottle

I use the anti-frizz cream in my hair and the conditioner was a free sample (which I have plenty of!)
I re-used the bottle I had - it holds 10.5 oz.  
I squirted the entire sample of conditioner (I'm guessing about a Tbs.) and about a 2-second squirt of anti-frizz cream into the bottle and then filled it halfway with filtered water from my refrigerator.  I shook it very well and then filled entirely with more water, shaking again.  

It smells very nice and works great!!! I've noticed their curls form a lot better rather than just "flying away" in a hundred different directions. They love for me to use their "Octopus Spray" on their hair and yell "It's raining!" the entire time - FUN!! :)

Suave brand detangling spray is really not a big expense at less then $2 a bottle, but I feel my version works better for my girlies. And really FREE is even better than $2 ~ and we go through it fast!!
If you have little girlies, you really should give it a try - it took me less than 5 minutes to make - another important factor!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh!! I wanted to tell you that you inspired me to make my own too! I used leave in conditioner & water, since our big problem is tangles- it worked like a charm! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good! I'm glad you like it! The leave in conditioner probably works better - may have to try that. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...