Friday, January 4, 2013

A New Year {Simplified}

I'm so very excited about 2013!! I've spent the last couple of weeks working feverishly in my house to get organized: closets, cupboards, drawers... you name it!! My theme for this year is "Simplify for Success" or, in one word - SIMPLIFIED.

I've thought a lot about what I want to accomplish this year - my resolutions - and I've come to the conclusion that this will be my year to ELIMINATE things rather than adding to my already crazy, busy life. I will be eliminating clutter, unnecessary obligations, time-wasters,  etc...  I really haven't included many "to do's" on my list of goals - no books to read, places to go, projects to finish.  Though, I do think I'll discover at the end of this year that I've accomplished more than ever by choosing to live simply or simply LIVE - to ENJOY LIFE!! :)

Now, I do have aspirations...
...once baby #4 comes in March, it will be time to focus on my weight/diet/fitness etc... 
...I want to stay more organized with my household binder, scheduling, and general organization...
...I want to grow in my relationship with Christ...
AND
...I need to finish potty-training my twin girlies!!...

So, in order to accomplish these NECESSARY goals, I will choose a focus for each month - sometimes two or three.  I've also divided my long-term yearly goals into focus areas: Spiritual, Physical, Family, Home, and Business.

I've spent HOURS working on my organizational binder to make sure it perfectly suits my needs.  I found some great printables online and created the others myself, but it is nearly finished!! :)  Those details will be saved for a future post, however.  

As promised, here is an updated design of my goals printable for this year. 
This first one is my printable for the year - divided into five sections... one for each focus area.
DOWNLOAD
 The purpose of my monthly goal sheet is to help me focus on just a few areas at a time - asking myself these questions:
What is the simple version of my goal??
**no need to complicate things more than necessary or try to do too much at once**
What steps will I take to success??
**a plan must be in place in order to see a change**
When will I focus on this area??
**at night after the kids are in bed? during naptime? Weekends only?**

These will only be goals that can be accomplished in 30 days - which is all it takes to establish a routine. :)
DOWNLOAD

I must confess that this blog will not really be a focus area this year. I do enjoy journaling my life and looking back over the past years, but I may be posting less this year.   Although, that almost seems impossible  -  I'm not a regular, scheduled blogger as it is. HA!!

But we shall see...who knows??   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...